CURRENT JOB OPPORTUNITIES
We are always looking for creative, enthusiastic and self-motivated individuals to join our team. Muse & Merchant provides career opportunities that have a stimulating and enjoyable work environment that allows for personal and professional growth.
WAREHOUSE DISPATCHER – Coquitlam, BC
Thank you for your interest to join the ‘ScanDesigns’ and ‘Muse & Merchant’ warehouse team, and for choosing to be part of our especially important process of providing quality home furnishings to our customers! As a dispatcher you are required to perform an array of functions listed below.
Essential duties and responsibilities
- Assist customers face to face and by answering / making phone calls and respond to emails in a timely and professional manner.
- Check-in merchandise, open crates, and other containers housing stock.
- Prepare customers’ orders by; pulling items from warehouse locations; packing boxes; placing orders in delivery and picking-up area and getting the product ready for pick-up/delivery.
- Maintain inventory control by stock location numbers, facilitate customers’ orders as per daily picklist, record amounts of materials or items received and input accurate counts and relevant updates into the company’s systems.
- Sort through returned customers’ orders into allocated zones / departments as per returned product conditions.
- Schedule service orders and follow up on their progress to ensure deadlines are met.
- Contact customers to arrange pick-ups of their serviced products.
- Contact customers to confirm their delivery timeslots within allocated delivery dates.
- Be a trustworthy associate to the warehouse manager and assist with any tasks / duties at hand as requested in a timely manner.
- Maintain a safe and clean work environment by keeping shelves, pallet areas, walkways, racking isles and workstations neat and free of tripping hazards.
- Identify potential hazards and report them immediately, take active initiative to eliminate future hazards.
- Always organize work area for orderliness in adherence to the stock control processes.
- Communicate well with the team of warehouse associates and colleagues at management and sales departments.
- Focus on company product quality and control its integrity by taking great care when handling the product and its components.
- Wear Company provided Health and Safety protective equipment and comply to the H&S policies and Procedures as per BC H&S act.
- Assist team leaders with any work-related requests that may be outside of the warehouse facility, but within the company’s grounds.
This list is a summarized description of the Warehouse Dispatcher Job role expectations and is not exhaustive of the duties that your line manager may request you to perform in your day-to-day role.
- High School diploma or equivalent preferred
- Minimum 6 months previous dispatching within warehouse environment experience preferred but not necessary.
- Willingness to learn on-the-job, and desire to improve own skills as guided by the management team.
- Good communication, organizational, attention to detail, time management, self-presentation and customer centric skills are essential.
- High integrity, friendliness, can-do attitude, dependability, accountability, and reliability qualities.
- Ability to manage Inventory physically and via technological functions.
- Maintain in-house equipment as per instructions.
- Excellent telecommunication, data entry and computer skills are essential.
- Ability to take instructions from the senior personnel and follow managers requests as and when needed to.
Physical demands and abilities
- Regularly required to use hands to grasp, pull, lift, carry, hold, secure of products and its parts / components, as well as handle or feel (for quality control purposes), reach with hands and arms above head level and be able to stoop / bend down to the ground level without difficulty.
- Regularly lift and/or move objects 10-100lbs, occasionally lift and/or move objects that weigh more than 100 lbs.
- Frequently required to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, push / pull items and equipment.
- Occasionally required to sit and climb or balance at height.
- Specific vision abilities required for this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust and focus.
Remuneration and benefits
Pay rate of $20/h for the first 3 months, increase dependent on performance review and successful completion of probationary period. Friendly and family-oriented work environment, Free training on equipment with an accredited certification (upon successful completion of training) to operate machinery / equipment, guaranteed monthly hours, regular shift work, no evening/night shift work, Sundays / public holidays off, healthcare benefits (pending successful probation period completion), vast opportunities to grow within the company, additional employee perks.
Email your resume to: email@example.com